Sunday, March 10, 2013

What I Have Learned About Action Research

This week I had a conference with my site supervisor and watch three interviews of administrators. The two things I heard said the most this week is, make sure you are interested in the research and make sure it is data driven.
I think these things are very important. If you do not have interest in the topic you are not likely to give all you have into the research. If you have a passion for the topic that will be researched, the desire to work hard will be there. I also believe you need data to help guide the research. The data gives a reason and a starting point to the research. Data allows you to ask more questions and discover more into the research.
At the start of my course I thought I should pick anything I had interest in. Now I know that is an important part to action research along with data. I know this research is to help myself  grow and develop as an educator, but it is also to help schools develop a stronger education system for their students and their staff.

2 comments:

  1. I was really excited to do action research on a topic of my own interest until I realized that my site supervisor and my action plan said other wise. I understand that for the time being what I do will be in the best interest of my current campus and I look forward to doing action research that I can see in action.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam, I cannot figure out how to get to your blog. There must be an easy way! I would love to repay the favors by commenting back.
    I really wanted to do my research plan on behavior systems. I kind of got into the same boat as you though... I know my intervention research plan will benefit myself as an educator and it will benefit my school as well. :)

    ReplyDelete